Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catch-Up Time


Sorry for everyone who has been keeping up with my blog. I have been extremely busy lately trying to get my resume and portfolio done, studio mid-term, Italian tests, and I've been sick - the downfall of being in Europe, so many viruses that I haven't been in contact with. So I guess I have a lot to blog about since the last time was in February. . .

Classes-wise, I have done some pretty neat stuff. In Italian Art, we went to the Uffitzi Gallery, Santo Spirito, San Marco Museum, Bargello Museum, Santa Maria Novella, and, my favorite, we went up the dome of the Duomo! I'm a little behind on posting pictures too, sorry about that. I'll get them up in the next day or two. Studio has been a little crazy because we just had mid-term reviews yesterday. Italian class has been crappy, we've had a lot of tests, and I'm just a lost cause at learning Italian. Sketching and Drawing has been okay. I'm not going to lie, I'm getting really sick of drawing the same arches over and over again. However, I do feel like I'm getting better at it. Finally, Reading Cities. We went to Urbino on our last trip and it was just okay. Not the greatest city in Italy, but still neat. It had a lot of really pretty views, being on top of a hill and all. It was really cold and snowy when we were there, which hindered our view.

Luckily - for my this posts sake - I haven't gone on very many weekend trips, just taking it easy a little bit. This past weekend, though, I went to Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The Netherlands is a very cool country. I wasn't too impressed with Rotterdam, but Amsterdam had so much character! It was great to see all the architecture there. All of it was seriously straight from ArchDaily - for you non-architecture people, it's a website filled with the latest architecture. There was so much modern architecture, it was blowing me away! I also got to see the Van Gogh museum - didn't go inside since Starry Night isn't located there and it was 14 euro to get in - and the Anne Frank house. Oh, for everyone who is wondering, no I did not smoke pot even though it's legal. The Red Light District was pretty interesting - I'm not really sure how else to describe it. Monday, our last day, I started to get really sick, so I spent most of the day in bed unfortunately.

Yesterday, I had mid-term reviews for studio. They went pretty well. I have a lot to accomplish for the end of the semester though, but plenty of time to do it. This weekend I will be in Verona, Vicenza, and Venice for Reading Cities. Next week, I have an Italian Art mid-term exam and an Italian final, but then Friday I'm off to Egypt for spring break! I'm pretty pumped about Egypt. We are going to be spending three days in Cairo and five days in Sharm el Sheikh. We decided to go to a travel agent, so now we have a tour guide that will take us to the Giza pyramids and the Egyptian Museum. Also, in Sharm el Sheikh, we have a five star all-inclusive resort, so that will be luxurious. Mt. Sinai is not to far so we are planning on climbing that, along with snorkeling in the beautiful waters of the Red Sea.

Other upcoming events: my family will be here as soon as I get back from Egypt! I'll be going to Easter mass at St. Peters with them. Aachen and Cologne, Milan, and Munich are all weekend trips coming up in April. Then finally ending my semester with Paris, London, and Dublin in May. [As you can see very busy!]

I feel like I have so much more to catch up on, but still so many other things to do! Hopefully, after this weekend I'll have time to get on to blog and update some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment