Monday, March 22, 2010

The Three V's


This weekend I spent my time in Verona, Vicenza, and Venezia. Two of which no one really knows about, even though they are pretty famous. Verona is a typical Italian town. The thing that separates it from the others is that it is supposedly the location of the famous story Romeo and Juliet. However, I did not find the balcony of Juliet.

Vicenza is not really known at all, but it has a lot of Palladian architecture like Teatro Olympico, Basilica Palladiana, and the more famous Villa Rotunda. The Teatro Olympico was pretty awesome. It is supposed to mimic an ancient Roman city. It's set up so that you think it goes on forever, and it really looks like it. While we were there we got a light show which was pretty neat.

Venezia, or better known as Venice, was so gorgeous! Probably the worst city to navigate though. Just about every road runs you into a dead end. This trip was one of our field trips with our class, so we had a guided tour on Saturday. Needless to say, we had to stop several times because people didn't see where we turned and they got lost. I almost did; however, I found my way back after several dead ends. While I was there, I also went to the island of Murano. Beautiful glass. I spent way too much money there, but I tried to justify it by realizing not much was for me. I wanted to go on a gondola ride, but they were 100 euro - no thanks.

I heard rumors that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, along with Johnny Depp, are in Venice to shoot a movie, but I didn't see any of them. More rumors - apparently Angelina and Brad were in Florence not too long ago, but I didn't know nor did I see them. I know to keep my eyes out though!

A couple big tests this week, then off to Egypt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment