Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bittersweet.

Well I'm supposed to be in Aachen, Germany this weekend - a trip that I was looking forward to so much, but instead I decided to stay in Florence, get a couple more days with my family, and catch up on school work and sleep. Lately, I've been very stressed out and slightly homesick. It is without a doubt that I miss my own bed - where outside there are no loud people walking the streets, no loud street cleaners in the middle of the night, and no tourists! I miss the convenience of home, and I am really starting to miss everyone - friends and family. My family definitely came at the right time in the semester. Of course at this point in the semester, I really have to focus on school work too. Getting ready to start final production for our final reviews. Stressful.

However, don't get me wrong because I really do love Florence - Italy - Europe. I just want to be home for a week or two. I know that the next 6/7 weeks are going to fly by, so I don't want to wish myself home. Especially because I'm definitely looking forward to my upcoming trips: next weekend in Milan [for school] and the following weekend in Munich [for Springfest]. Also, I'm staying an extra week in Europe after classes end to travel - I'm planning on going to Dublin, London, and Paris during this week.

Not really much to report other than that. Haven't done too much since the epic spring break. Just quality time with the family. I ended up going back to Pisa and Venice with them, along with a winery in Chianti - nothing like Chianti from the town of Chianti. Well, I'll keep everyone up-to-date after Milan, until then I'll dream I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment