Monday, April 26, 2010

Frühlingsfest.


Munich was definitely the best place I have visited. I'm not sure if it's because I was so excited to be there, since it's technically 'my home', or I just had that great of a time, but it was seriously so much fun. We got in Friday morning, went to a little restaurant for lunch - where I had awesome Jaegerschnizel and Beer. We went to the BMW Welt and museum and the Olympic Park, both of which were awesome! Two very cool Architectural pieces as well.

After a very long day, we headed over to the fairgrounds. Springfest is sort of like Octoberfest, except a lot smaller. It only uses a very small portion of the fairgrounds. It was still a blast, so I can only imagine what Octoberfest is like. I don't know how they do it, but Germans make the best beer in the world. I have tried a lot of different foods and alcohol over here and none of the beer tops theirs - or brats for that matter.

The next day we just walked the streets in Old Munich, going into cathedrals and such. The girls and I found some pretty epic outfits that we had to get for Springfest. Of course, for dinner time we went back to the fairgrounds, and I indulged in some more great food and beer.

It was really great to get out of Italy for a weekend. Every time I leave this country, I start to dislike it more and more. I think Italy is a great place for visiting, but honestly not to live. I think I've said it before, but it's just so backwards, not letting anything modern or new in. It's like they are stuck in Ancient Rome - or in Florence, stuck in Disney World. I definitely give them all the credit in the world for keeping all the cathedrals and such up and clean, but for goodness sakes classical buildings are not the best things in the world. It's time to branch out!

The next couple weeks I have a lot of school work to do. Next week, I have my Italian Art Final, my Sketching and Drawing portfolio is due, and also my Reading Cities sketchbook is due. The following week I have my final review for studio. Then, I'll be in London, Dublin, and Paris for a week - then home. This semester has gone wayyy too fast! For a little bit I was homesick, now I don't want to go home! If my friends and family could just come over here that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment