Monday, January 18, 2010

La Bella Citta


Today, in Florence, it was beautiful! I spent the day wondering around the city, making my way back up to Piazzale Michelangelo. I didn't take any pictures, just absorbing how pretty it was. I went at night a few days ago and I thought it was pretty then, but during the day you can see the mountains surrounding the city. I think I could definitely find myself going up there quite a few more times this semester.

The past few days have been rather boring, just waiting for classes to start and walking aimlessly around the city. I found a cheaper gelato place, which I'm so excited about! Only 2 euro for a small cone - which is all you need. I've also been finding the cheaper places to eat. Sandwiches big enough for two meals for only 2-3 euro.

A few of my friends and I are planning a couple trips this weekend. Friday to Pisa, Saturday to Medici's Villa - which is with the school - and Sunday to Sienna. It's supposed to be really pretty Friday and Saturday but Sunday it's supposed to rain, hopefully not enough to ruin our plans. I'm excited to get out of Florence for a bit and see other places in Italy that aren't so touristy.

Today, I did sign up for a couple things that the student advisor has planned for us. An opera next Thursday, a free Tuscan dinner this Friday, and a pizza and gelato cooking class in March some time. Hopefully I come back with some good pointers on cooking! I also picked up my museum card, good for admission to quite a few museums in Florence. We tried to go to a couple of them today, but we found out, like most things around the city, they are closed on Monday's. It's a weird concept that I'm going to have to get used to. Sunday and Monday are like their weekends. There's not really much else to report at this time, but I'll probably have a lot after this week since classes start.

No comments:

Post a Comment